Good, even great photographs can be found anywhere, at any time. In the kitchen, pumping gas, buying groceries — all of these are prime locations for wonderful images, but most photographers do their hunting elsewhere, in unfamiliar locales.
In new places, our eyes are alive and fresh. Often, we are in new places specifically to see them, and to take photos. For these and other reasons, many of my photos can be categorized by location. Click on the links below to see photo galleries of specific places.
Index of Places
- Arden Fair, 2019
- Arden, July 4th Games, Fire Hydrant Spray People
- Edgemoor, Calpine Electric Generating Plants
- New Castle County, Harvey Mill Park
- Wilmington Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Southeastern New England: Newport, Rhode Island; Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Allens Pond Audubon Sanctuary, and New Bedford Whaling Museum, October, 2019.
- Vermont: Ludlow, Ascutney State Park, Rockingham Meetinghouse, Bellows Falls, Calvin Coolidge Homestead, Billings Farm and Museum, Richard Egan Glassworks, Waterbury, Rock of Ages quarry in Barre, the Granite Museum and Hope Cemetery, also in Barre, Shelburne Museum, Church Street in Burlington, the University of Vermont Morgan Horse Farm, the Northeast Kingdom, and the Bennington Museum, July, 2019.
New Mexico, Arizona, Utah
- Austin, Texas, 1970 thru 2000, images from the Danny Schweers Collection at the Austin History Center
England, Peak District National Park, April, 2018
- Best of the Peak District photos
- Brodsworth Hall, South Yorkshire
- Buxton, Derbyshire
- Cave Dale, Mam Tor, Castleton, Derbyshire
- Chatsworth House, Derbyshire
- Curbar Edge, Derbyshire
- Dove Dale, Derbyshire
- Hadden Hall, Derbyshire
- Hope House Costume Museum, Alstonefield
- Lyme Park, Sheffield
- Oldham, Greenfield, and Huddersfield Narrow Canal
- The Roaches, Staffordshire
- Stanage Edge, Derbyshire
- Tissington Hall, Derbyshire
- Warslow, Staffordshire
- Warslow to Wetton Mill in the Manifold Valley, Staffordshire